Family Law Services
“Adopting one child won’t change the world; but for that one child, the world will change.”
Adoption is exciting, however, the process can be convoluted and the requirements are arduous if you’re unfamiliar with adoption law in Texas. Our law firm, however, has the experience to handle these obstacles and mitigate any frustration that can be expected to arise, so you can focus your energy on your commitment to be a child’s new family. The Bruman Law Group accommodates to the legal needs of a variety individuals with adoption cases:
- Biological families
- Foster families
- Same-sex families
What Should You Expect in the Adoption Process?
Adoption cases in Texas require a significant number of reports and studies be garnered to help the courts decide if the transfer of a parental right to the adoptive parents is in the child’s best interest. They also serve as an invaluable resource for you as the prospective parents with all the necessary information you’ll need to provide the proper care for your adopted child, which include:
- Personal interviews of both the adoptive parents and child
- Assessments of the home environment where the child might live
- Notes on the child in different living arrangements
- Examinations of the child’s relationship with the involved adults
- Criminal history reports of persons living in the homes that are being reviewed
If you’re ready to step into a child’s life as a parent, contact our law firm, and we will be happy to assist you with your case.
Texas Law Help